2014 Symposium “Transition Transformation”
Photos from Symposium are posted to the AIFD Symposium Facebook page…
Click here to view them now!
720 South Michigan Avenue
Chicago, Illinois, 60605
The AIFD 2014 National Symposium “Transition Transformation” will take place at the newly redesigned and reimagined Hilton Chicago, 720South Michigan Ave. AIFD has a limited number of rooms awaiting you at special rates, available on an exclusive basis — $172 for single/ double occupancy plus tax. A one night deposit is required at time of reservation, refundable 72 hours prior to arrival. You can book your reservations in the following ways:
• Website https://resweb.passkey.com/go/AIFD2014
• Hilton Reservation Toll Free Number, 877-865-5320, reference group code “AIF”
Reservations must be must be made Friday, June 6, 2014.
Fitz Design Body Wear Contest
Back again this year, the Fitz Design Contest will be held at Symposium. It’s easy! It’s fun! And, you can win a FREE General registration to AIFD’s 2015 National Symposium “Journey” in Denver, June 30, 2015 – July 4, 2015. A prize will be awarded in both the mens and ladies floral adornment categories. Here are some of the rules you need to know:
• All personal body flowers need to feature AT LEAST one Fitz Design item but may include more than one. Other accessories and flowers may be incorporated to accent and complete the entry however your Fitz Design selection(s) should be noticeable.
• Your floral creation can be made earlier and brought with you to Symposium to be finished on-site or created from scratch in Chicago.
• All entries must be photographed by the AIFD designated photographer prior to the Leadership Gala Dinner on July 7. Our photographer will be located outside of the Grand Ballroom Foyer from 6 – 7:15 p.m. Only officially photographed entries will be accepted in the contest.
• Fitz Design items are available at the Body Bar Buffet which opens on Sunday, July 6 at 2:45 p.m. in the International Ballroom (will be in the rear of the room) where your contributions help support AIFD’s numerous student chapters.
• You MUST complete an entry form and present it to the AIFD staff member when having your picture taken.
Click here to download the entry form.
Two airports service Chicago (O’Hare and Midway). From each, it’s approximately a $25-45 cab ride to the Hilton Hotel on Michigan Avenue. Or, try the CTA (Chicago Transit Authority) Train. Stations are available at both airports. For details, visit www.transitchicago.com/airports. While this will save you significant dollars (train only $4-5), you will need to walk approximately six blocks from your downtown train stop to the hotel.
Calling all energetic, hardworking, and creative designers! Have you ever wondered what it takes to make all that MAGIC happen at Symposium? Are you a “work room veteran” ready to jump right back into the fray? Whatever the case, we invite you all to apply for a volunteer position at this year’s “Transition Transformation” Symposium in Chicago, Illinois. We will need volunteers beginning on June 29th through July 8th in order to make all the magic happen! Please remember you need to be registered as a Premium or General attendee of Symposium in order to volunteer. If you are interested in volunteering, please click here to download the volunteer form. Please fill it out and send it to Volunteer Coordinator Laura Parker AIFD, CFD at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Proper attire for most Symposium programs is “comfortable business casual.” There are several events, however, where other clothing is more appropriate. Suggested attire for the Awards/Induction Dinner (July 5) is cocktail dress and coat & tie. Suggested attire for the elegant Leadership Gala (July 7) is black tie or evening gown.
Photography and videotaping of any kind are not permitted by audience members during any of the main stage presentations. Please be aware you will see an AIFD headquarters staff member who will be taking photos throughout the programs. These photos will be shared with attendees on the AIFD website and Facebook pages. There will also several members from the press who have been given special permission from AIFD to take photos during the programs. There will be an allotted time directly after each presentation for audience members to have photo and video opportunities.
On Sunday, July 6, the AIFD Foundation opens the doors to all that is “Couture and Creative” as we set the Annual Silent Auction in Chicago! We invite Symposium attendees to stop by and circle a bid on one of the many collections that will unfold over symposium.
AIFD Foundation Raffle will take new twists and turns to make your contribution to continuing education even more worthwhile. Whether you purchase one ticket for $25 or five tickets for $100, your participation and support will make a tremendous difference in the programs of the AIFD Foundation.